[Gambas-user] Changes in LINK

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Sun Oct 29 09:20:27 CET 2006

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:

> May require some lightning-fast MMX-optimized base64 encode/decode algs.
> Base64 also solves 1001 of the security issues introduced in the DB if
> attempting to use non-standard methods to store octet (8-bit clean) data
> in DB fields.

The PHP folks got bit pretty badly by the ad-infinitum-cat-and-mouse
quoting problems when trying to store 8-bit data into a DB.  Nice thing
about base64 data is it NEVER needs escaping to avoid SQL special
characters since they don't exist in base64's encoding set. [A-Za-z0-9]
which is 62 characters and only a couple or so more needed and it is EASY
to find a few extras that aren't SQL characters with special meaning.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| oevna at ...1544...
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...
Hi Humans, my email address uses rot13 cipher