[Gambas-user] to : compile from svn

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Sun Oct 22 16:19:20 CEST 2006

On Sunday 22 October 2006 15:36, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Sunday 22 October 2006 15:26, Ron Onstenk wrote:
> > On Sunday 22 October 2006 00:39, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > > I do a checkout, I compile everything, and I use 'make dist' (with a
> > > tweak so that symlinks are preserved).
> >
> > It are for me just those tweaked symlinks that breaks me up ATM.
> > Can you provide me with that tweak code so I can make a "correct" un-tweak?
> >

> > Ron
> >

> These symbolic links only points from a file inside the source archive to
> another file of the source archive, so replacing them by the file they points
> at will change nothing. I don't understand what your problem is...
>
> Regards,

In the svn tree (after check-out)
/svn/trunk/main is a "file config.sub" and NOT a "symlink to ../config.sub".

The content is: "link ../config.sub"

The purpose I understand is that as source given to the shell
by the configure script it SHOULD remove the 'config.sub' text
file and make a symlink named 'config.sub' to '../config.sub'

'./configure' should, I assume, convert the textfiles to symlinks
during his proccess but it does not.

from help and man page etc:
  # link --version
  link (GNU coreutils) 5.2.1
  Written by Michael Stone.

  Usage: link FILE1 FILE2
     or:  link OPTION
  Call the link function to create a link named FILE2 to an existing FILE1.

My SuSE version of link EXPECTS: 'link FILE1 FILE2'
Only FILE1 is given, where the symlink should point to.
FILE2 is missing and the program 'link' does not make the symlink.
And './configure' give up. :)

Replace of the content in config.sub with
  (rm ./config.sub; link ../config.sub config.sub)
does work

  (rm ./config.sub; link ../config.sub config.sub)
see as
  (rm ./FILE2; link FILE1 FILE2)
where FILE2 is the text file to replace as symlink and
given as command source to the shell by configure.

Ron