[Gambas-user] compile from svn

R. Stormo rohnny at ...1248...
Sat Oct 21 23:53:00 CEST 2006

Ron Onstenk wrote:

> On Saturday 21 October 2006 21:11, R. Stormo wrote:
>> I know shall have done everything and still alot of errors.
>>
>> rohnny at ...1008...:~/gambas/1.9.44/main$ link ../config.sub config.sub.ron
>> rohnny at ...1008...:~/gambas/1.9.44/main$ ls -l config.su*
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 rohnny rohnny    13 2006-10-21 18:07 config.sub ->
>> ../config.sub
>> -rwxr-xr-x 2 rohnny rohnny 31552 2006-10-21 18:07 config.sub.ron
>>

> This shows to me your 'link' executable does not work as gambas likes.
> The config.sub is with the svn system a textfile.
> In the standard tarbal it is a shortcut.
> And that is the problem.
>

> I did replace the line in a few of those pseudo link files with:
>
>  (rm ./config.sub; link ../config.sub config.sub)
>
>  (rm FILE1; link FILE1 FILE2)
>
>  (command1; command2)
> The working is that the whole line is passed to bash as one string by the
> '(' and ')'
> You are able to safe remove the source of the line in FILE1
>
> remove the file 'config.sub' as done for command1
> make the link for FILE1 as FILE2 as done with command2
>
> I suggest to rename the current '/usr/bin/link' to '/usr/bin/link.bin'
> make a bash script with name 'link' and make it executable and owner root.
>

> -- code for file --
> #!/bin/bash
> rm $0;
> link.bin $1 $0
>
> --end code --
>
> if you get a error try next
>
> -- code for file --
> #!/bin/bash
> ( rm $0; link.bin $1 $0)      <--- take care the parenthesis
>
> --end code --
>
> An other way is to traverse the whole svn tree and test for file less then
> 80 char or so.
> test for lines starting with 'link' and if then edit/replace the line.
>
> Or Benoit edit his code in those files using the reliable syntax
> as 'link FILE1 FILE2' as the wiki and man pages tell.
>

> I reported this in the past but got no comment from Benoit on/about it.
> I give up and started to do some other work.
>

> Ron

I tried to rename the /usr/bin/link to link.bin
then I made a new file called link
But when I try to write link I get this

rohnny at ...1008...:/usr/bin$ link hello hello1
rm: remove write-protected regular file `/usr/bin/link'?

So there must be an error someplace, because it try to remove it self.

so I changed $0 to $1 and $1 to $2 and tried again. Both of your files gave
me an error

rohnny at ...1008...:~$ link sok.txt test
rm: cannot remove `sok.txt': No such file or directory
link.bin: cannot create link `sok.txt' to `test': No such file or directory
rohnny at ...1008...:~$ link test sok.txt
rm: cannot remove `test': No such file or directory
link.bin: cannot create link `test' to `sok.txt': No such file or directory

Regards Rohnny

My Gambas Community http://gambasforum.tk