[Gambas-user] Converting a Blob into a picture

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Oct 20 19:36:57 CEST 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 19:22, rolf wrote:
> Hi Gambas Hackers,
>
> I would like to ask everybody, how can a blob result from a database query,
> which is a string, converted into a picture (i.e. how can I add the
> converted values to the data area of a picture class)?

You must not store in your blob the picture data, but the picture file.

To recover the picture (an Image object actually) from the blob, you must save
it to the disk in a temporary file and loads it with Image.Load().

> Is there a function for octal number to integer conversion (the help
> on "conversion functions" in 1.9.44 does not exists or can't be found)?

Oops! This is because of a bug in the gambas version installed on the wiki
server. When Rob will install a more recent version, it will disappear.

> Many thanks for your help
>
> Rolf

Benoit Minisini