[Gambas-user] TreeView+TreeViewItem problems continued

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Tue Oct 17 11:21:29 CEST 2006

is:

DIM hLVItem AS .ListViewItem

broken in 1.9.44?

I'd like to be able to pass the handle around for things like recursive
function definitions (both the depth-first and breadth-first traversals
may be done recursively) but trying it the above way (as shown in the
documentation) doesn't work.

I mentioned in a previous post I'm having trouble with trying to descend
through the TreeView items with either breadth-first or depth-first
visitation.  Even if I could pass these values I think there may still be
issues with losing the cursor position higher up in a recursive call
chain.

Does no one use this control?

It would appear to me that to save the contents of a TreeView one needs to
be able to visit the elements in-order to save them and keep the
relations.

Also this object has no simple iterator (one that can be used without
knowledge of the elements--namely that they have parents and children as
is the case in a TreeView).  A simple iterator can be used when it is not
required that the traversal follow any order, only that each element be
iterated (visited) once.  I know as I already tried FOR EACH with no luck.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| oevna at ...1544...
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...
Hi Humans, my email address uses rot13 cipher