[Gambas-user] Web application development

Daniel Campos dcamposf at ...626...
Mon Oct 16 22:21:08 CEST 2006

Exactly Benoit:

I think the future of web apps is not raising a process each time the
server receives a request, but having a single process running while
the connection is open, while the client is running the
"application/web page", and there should be always a socket connected
between the server and the client.

In that sense people interested in "gb.ajax" (I hope somebody finds a
better name), should check the Comet programming technology:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_%28programming%29 , that surely
will provide big ideas for that component.

A person here was able to run parts of the Squeak environment
(Smalltalk) directly in a browser. Comet techniques also allows to
draw directly on a client web canvas (Firefox and Safari/Webkit have
one, and there's an emulation for IE), and even work sending graphical
events from the client to the server and sending a server-client reply
using Javascript injection.

Daniel