[Gambas-user] DrawingArea problems

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Tue Oct 10 19:56:38 CEST 2006

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> Anyway, what you want to do is what is already done by the Drawing.Cached
> property. Unless you need the back buffer for doing something other than
> drawing on it...

This appears to be a new property.  What do I need to set to get the old
1.9.23 behavior?

I'd prefer to keep the private backbuffer that way if I need to use
something like dirty rectangle to get more speed I can do it on the
backbuffer without mucking with system-owned drawables (on windows the
locking issues of doing lots of bitmap work on the active surface is
nightmarish).

> > Also my other form elements seem to want to go into the background with
> > the DrawingArea in front but not accepting event focus.  I tried adding a
> > GfxArea.SetFocus() to the Form_Open code but to no avail (still starts up
> > in front without event focus until I explicitly click on it with the
> > mouse).
>
> Use the hierarchy window to know the control focus order.

I need to change it programmatically (and I need the attempt to do so to
work).

> > I also haven't been able to properly get the other form elements
> > to show in front (of other windows/forms) but behind the DrawingArea
> > control of the form.
>
> ???? I don't understand what you are talking about.

I have to alt-tab to get the rest of the form to be visible other than
just the DrawingArea control.

> > ---PS---
> > Yes I fixed almost all the compile problems but I gave up on getting
> > Firebird support to work.
>
> Did you try what I asked you to try ?

Whatever firebird I'm using it doesn't seem to put any files names
anything like what gambas is looking for.

Debian Testing/Main Firebird2-* 1.5.3.4870-10

Maybe it doesn't like this version of firebird.  configure files really
look like voodoo to me and I've failed many times to understand how they
work.

It's the only one that didn't decide it could find it's libraries so I
skipped it.  If I get some assistance I expend the effort to get the sole
component that didn't build otherwise I'm not spending another exhausting
all-niter makeworld'ing my entire system to get a single compoent I'm not
using to build.  Be great to have a complete build but to be honest I
didn't even know what firebird was until the build started complaining
about it.  With every other db driver all I had to do was load them in
thru synaptic and configure found them.  This one seems to be a black
sheep.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| oevna at ...1544...
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...
Hi Humans, my email address uses rot13 cipher