[Gambas-user] DrawingArea problems

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Tue Oct 10 19:20:14 CEST 2006

Is there a glitch with drawing to DrawingAreas?

My former code to use a backbuffer:

========== 8x ==================================

private backBuffer as Picture

public sub Form_Open()
  '...
  backBuffer=new Picture(640,480,FALSE)
  '...
End

public sub Render()
  Draw.Begin(GfxArea)  'GfxArea is a DrawingArea
  Draw.Picture(backBuffer,0,0,0,0,640,480) 'buckBuffer is a Picture
  Draw.End()
  'Blank back buffer
  Draw.Begin(backBuffer)
  FillRect(0,0,640,480,&H000000&)
  Draw.End()
End

========== 8x ==================================

Is not drawing to the DrawingArea any more.  Is there a semantic that
changed that makes this so it has to be done differently or is something
in 1.9.44 broken thus causing this...?

Also my other form elements seem to want to go into the background with
the DrawingArea in front but not accepting event focus.  I tried adding a
GfxArea.SetFocus() to the Form_Open code but to no avail (still starts up
in front without event focus until I explicitly click on it with the
mouse).  I also haven't been able to properly get the other form elements
to show in front (of other windows/forms) but behind the DrawingArea
control of the form.

---PS---
Yes I fixed almost all the compile problems but I gave up on getting
Firebird support to work.  Ultimately once I debug the AI technology in my
game I'll be able to use sqlite or (g)dbm (non-server DB drivers) to hold
the AI knowledge base.  Right now I need to be able to snoop on it while
the game is live which is what makes a live SQL server a good idea for the
time being.
-------

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| oevna at ...1544...
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...
Hi Humans, my email address uses rot13 cipher