[Gambas-user] About sending keys to other windows

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Fri Oct 6 22:12:01 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, den 06.10.2006, 20:59 +0200 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
> I have heard about a program named 'xte' on Gentoo that can insert keyboard
> and mouse events into the X11 server event queue. Then these events are
> dispatched to the windows as if the user has used its mouse or keyboard.
>
> It is based on a X11 extension named 'XTEST'.
>
> Alas I didn't find it on the net. If someone have any information about it,
> tell me!
>
> Thanks in advance.

Salut ,

found somethig, look if thats the information you need

Unless you know that you absolutely need it, disable the XTEST
extension.  Disabling XTEST eliminates a potential security loophole
opened up by Step 5, whereby an authenticated user on the server could
theoretically send key/mouse events into the server's local display.
Even with XTEST disabled, it is generally a good idea to leave the
server's local display logged out when not in use.

Disabling XTEST is accomplished by passing an argument of -tst on the
command line used to launch the X server.  The location of this command
line varies depending on the particular Linux distribution and display
manager being used.   The following table lists some common locations:

found at VirtualGL User's Guide

searched with 'XTest extension' the net.

Amicalment
Charlie