[Gambas-user] how to extend a component?

Alexander Peters apeters at ...1593...
Thu Oct 5 22:14:03 CEST 2006

Benoit Minisini schrieb:
> On Wednesday 04 October 2006 22:43, Alexander Peters wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>> I?ve a little question, how can inherit a component like a textfield to
>> add new Features?
>> Is there a way or does i need to do this in the gambas source?
>>
>> Greetings
>> Alex P.
>>

> Can you be more precise in what you want to do exactly?

Hello Benoit,
i want to create some database controls. Example: If i scroll in a
Database Result i want that all Textfields show the values. I want to
have some controls like the dbcontrols in Borland Delphi where i give a
Textfield the Datasource and the Field to show and thats all.

But this is future planing. I code (try it) the first week and if the
controls allready can do this, please tell me how. I find it hard do
fill the controls hardcoded the the values from my database.

Greetings
A. Peters
Germany