[Gambas-user] How to speed up Gambas?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Oct 1 22:11:17 CEST 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 08:49, Leonardo Miliani wrote:
> I've noticed that if I run a program inside the Gambas IDE I
> get the SAME performances that running its binary executable
> via console... In VB there is a LOT of difference between the
> same code executed inside the VB IDE or via executable...

Gambas executables aren't Linux binaries, they're compiled into
pseudocode with #!env gbr2 (or something) at the top.  Unlike
VB, what you're running in the IDE is the exact same code that
you're running in production.

> And, second question: I think that Gambas is not very fast
> itself... Similar testing code on the same computer gives me
> different times under Windows/VB and Linux/Gambas. Is there in
> the near future a plan to "wake up" Gambas? :-)

I've found that for some things VB is faster and for other things
Gambas is faster.  I actually amazed one client with how much
faster a Gambas reimplementation of one of their in-house VB
programs was.

Rob