[Gambas-user] Sig #11 when DrawingArea.Width is increased

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Tue Nov 21 10:09:44 CET 2006

Good morning everyone!

This is happening in the current 1.0 version.

Here is a piece of code from my current project, "Seite" is a
DrawingArea where I'm writing text on:

   draw.Begin(Seite)

     x = 10 + draw.TextWidth(String.Left(txt[cZ], cS - 1)) - 1
     y = ((zl - 1) * zh) + 1

     IF Seite.Width < draw.TextWidth(txt[zl]) + 10 THEN
       Seite.Width = 10 + draw.TextWidth(txt[zl])
     END IF

When it comes to the case that the TextWidth is greater than the
DrawingArea and it tries to increase it, I get a Sig #11 saying

QPaintDevice: Cannot destroy paint device that is being painted

I looked if I might have nested several Draw.Begin()s, but this isn't
the case here. (It happens at another part and runs through flawlessly
there.)

So thank you for all your comments.

Rolf