[Gambas-user] Startup errors

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Nov 12 11:22:59 CET 2006

On Sunday 12 November 2006 05:24, James Linden wrote:
> Gentlemen:
>
>    I've been using Gambas for almost two years now, and until this
> month, never had any problems with it. Last successful build (from
> source) was version 1.9.44 on Fedora Core 5 (i386). I recently installed
> Fedora Core 6 (i386) on the machine and built 1.9.44 from source again.
> However I encountered an error which I was able to fix, and an error
> which I have been unable to fix. Just in case, I built 1.9.45 from
> source with the exact same results.
>
>   First, and fixed error:
>     "Cannot load class 'Project': Unable to load class file"
>   Which I fixed by symlinking /usr/lib/gambas2 to /usr/local/lib/gambas2.
>
>   Second, and unable to fix error:
>      "Cannot load class 'Stock': Unable to load class file"
>
>   Can anyone give me a hint? I'm no stranger to building from source,
> etc, but it is entirely possible that I did something stupid, so don't
> assume anything. :-)
>
>   Incidentally, I tried to install the RPMs for 1.9.45 from
> www.ldrweb.net, but have the same results.
>
> -- James
> aka KodeKrash

Maybe the packages are broken, or maybe you mixed two different installations
of Gambas on your system.

The rule is:
- gbx2 (the interpreter) executable *must* be in the $PATH.
- The location of the running gbx2 gives the location of gambas installation.
For example, if 'which gbx2' returns /usr/bin/gbx2, then gambas is supposed
to be installed in /usr.

Benoit Minisini