[Gambas-user] CVS/.gambas issue and Gambas 1.9.45: _exit() still NOT being called

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Nov 11 20:08:57 CET 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 22:03, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> _exit() on my class still is NOT being called using 1.9.45 build of gambas
> and yes I did a recompile-all after starting up the project after
> upgrading, in fact, I went into the .gambas dir and deleted the temp
> compiles to make double sure.
>
> BTW: Can the IDE be instructed to leave a CVS directory and .cvsignore
> file alone if found in .gambas?

The IDE does not touch a .cvsignore file located in the project directory.
Does it?

> Those file need to be there so that CVS
> knows .gambas MUST exist in the repo (or the project fails to load) and
> the .cvsignore is there to tell CVS to ignore files in the dir other than
> its own (CVS dir and .cvsignore).  CVS ignores only work for the directory
> they are defined in so there's no other place in the project dir that will
> achieve the same effect.  Alternatively have the IDE recreate the .gambas
> dir if not found when starting a project, rather than aborting with an
> error.

The IDE does not abort if you open a project that does not have the .gambas
directory. What are you talking about?

> Then .gambas can be made put in a .cvsignore one level up where
> it won't affect current compilation behavior in .gambas and would thus not
> need modification.

Sorry, I don't see what you mean... Can you explain me differently?

Benoit Minisini