[Gambas-user] Object names

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Fri Nov 10 22:11:38 CET 2006

I still do not have a way to get the IDE names assigned to objects as
indicated below and I did not get a worable response.  Can someone look at
this again and tell me how it is done?

Say I have a Form with a control, say a textbox that happens to be called
SomeTextBoxOnMyForm

Now say I have a sub SomeSub, as shown below, and I pass it as an argument
the handle to the above textbox, say, as obtained from the LAST
instruction:

PUBLIC SUB SomeSub(client as Control)

END

Is there any way to find out the client's name (ie: SomeTextBoxOnMyForm)?

I'm trying to make a generalized debug function that does not rely on tags
since they are not always used (usually tags only get used when controls
are in a group).

Does the interpretor hide the name of the control or is there
a way to access it?

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| oevna at ...1544...
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...
Hi Humans, my email address uses rot13 cipher