[Gambas-user] Small example added

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Fri Nov 3 15:53:08 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Eilert wrote:

I discovered throgh trial and error that the value property of the
ProgressBar control is a fractional percentage in the range 0.0 <=
ProgressBar.Value <= 1.0

I just added one to my DomainAI techdemo project (uses lots of DB access)
since I was noticing it was taking longer and longer to build the treeview
contents from the DB (especially when testing it at my neighbour's place
over his broadband modem to my local machine hosting the DB rather than my
own local machine).  I could fix it possibly by getting the MySQL server
on his machine to do replication but it was an excuse to add a progress
bar to my "Accessing Database, Please Wait..." dialog.

> I added a small example to the "value" property of the ProgressBar wiki
> entry and I really hope that this kind of formular is correct this way :-)

I'll have to go visit your wiki site.  One thing I did notice about using
a popup dialog is that displaying, hiding of the form or its controls, or
changing a .Text property (I hide the progress bar on the form normally
and only expose it with .Visible=TRUE when I am about to do an iterated
process that may take some time as well as change the message text with
the Form's textlabel's .Text="<what is going on>") requires judicious use
of WAIT to ensure you get the form or control visible or that the message
text in the TextLabel updates before doing anything with them.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| oevna at ...1544...
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...
Hi Humans, my email address uses rot13 cipher