[Gambas-user] printer.setup

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon May 29 20:22:39 CEST 2006

On Monday 29 May 2006 20:13, javier romero wrote:
>  I have 3 printers,
> 1) epson stylus color 480,
> 2) epson C-45
> 3) Cannon BJC-4300
> all attach via Samba and use CUPS, when i use Printer.Setup and press ok
> button, i think the printer.resolution have the "printer resolution" of the
> selected printer but its not correct, the 3 printers haves diferent
> resolutions, but when i print the printer.resolution value for each , the
> values are the same, 600 dpi, in my case this is the resolution of the
> defaul printer, the epson 480. Seems the printer.setup dont change the
> value of the printer.resolution when is selected another printer.
>
>  Thank
>  Javier

According to the Qt doc, the resolution is what the user wants, and not what
the printer provides.

As Qt does not CUPS at all, the Printer.Setup dialog is not aware of the
printers connected to the system, and so is almost useless.

The only useful thing at the moment is printing to a postcript file, and send
the file to the kprinter program (if you have KDE). For Gnome users, maybe
there is an equivalent program that does the same thing, I don't know. Maybe
someone has the answer?

In the future, QT may use CUPS, and if it won't, I may make a CUPS component.
A lof of conditionals, isn't it? :-)

Benoit Minisini