[Gambas-user] Problem with Gambas 1.0.1-4

gambas at ...1443... gambas at ...1443...
Wed May 24 09:46:18 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have a problem on Gambas that I cannot seem to fix. An explanation follows.

I had installed gambas in SUSE from the SUSE disks and it was working fine.
I then purchased a new graphics card which caused linux to change settings
and instead of logging in graphically, all I had was the command line.
I have managed to fix this by resetting my window manager.

Since installing the graohics card I have been experiencing problems with
gambas, an explanation follows.

I connect to an sqlite database (the database name is hardcoded
'sqlite.test' ) and run a query on the sqlite_master table
This query fills a tableview with the records.

My problem is this,(Finally! ;) ) If I change the database name (in the
code, it's hard coded) to a different database 'testing' the program still
connects to the original database 'test.sqlite' and displays the info from
its master table!!
I have tried deleting sections of code, renaming the variable etc. even
uninstalling gambas and re-installing it (from the SUSE disks) but nothing
seems to have worked.

Does anyone know if this will be resolved by installing a new version of
gambas?

P.S. I have tried other development packages on linux but gambas is the
only one that a. worked and b. who's example programs actually work and
run
Brilliant!

Thanks in advance
Shaun