[Gambas-user] Strange way of working about form dimensions

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Thu May 18 15:10:56 CEST 2006

Hi everybody.
I bought a notebook and I installed on it the Suse 9.3 Linux system.
I wrote an application on the notebook that I transfered on my desktop
(same Suse 9.3 Linux system but different window decorations and desktop
resolutions).
I had a problem transfering the source because it seems that Gambas
refers to the window decorations or desktop resolutions it finds on the
system and overwrites the form dimensions...

On the notebook, I created a form that is 384x257 pixel(X,Y) in
dimensions but when I open the source code on the desktop PC I find that
the dimensions are changed in (X, Y). I tried to compile the source but
when I run the executable on the desktop I find again the altered
dimensions of the form.

When I opened the .form files I looked at the first lines and they
appear as:

"
{ frmStart Form
   MoveScaled(50.6667,28.6667,42.6667,28.5556)
   'Move(456,258,384,257)
"

The real dimensions are in the quoted line. Maybe is this the problem?
Gambas does scale the dimensions of the forms looking at the desktop
ratios (the notebook has a 1280x800 display, the desktop has a 1280x1024
one).

--
Ciao.
Leo