[Gambas-user] Very strange printing problem + SHELL

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon May 8 22:18:37 CEST 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 12:08, Eilert wrote:

> This turned out much too complicated, as my printing module is way too
> large and has many (strange) ways of printing here and there... ;-)

It is not too complicated, it just one line of code more. Anyway, printing to
a printer may disappear in a next release, you will be able to only print to
a file. And other components will add support for printing and configuring
printers.

> Instead, I found ACL and could get rid of the SHELL command by setting a
> default mask for those directories for all users of the group using the
> files.
>
> It appears that the SHELL command is also causing errors in another
> application although some earlier version of Gambas should fix this bug.
> I've recompiled this app but it still doesn't run for a long time.
> Sometimes it dies after a minute, sometimes after an hour. But it never
> survived a whole afternoon. This program uses the SHELL for invoking a
> "who" every 10 seconds and building a list of users currently logged in.
>
> I think you know that program, we've discussed this before. I just
> wanted to tell that it still doesn't run flawlessly.

Can you send me this application again?

Benoit Minisini