[Gambas-user] Sidepanel Problem

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat May 6 12:31:25 CEST 2006

I do have just the same problem.
The height and width are not correct after the event has happen.

Control hiearchie is as follows.

Vbox              (h=me.height) expand=true
  panel3          (h=) expand=true, arrange=none, autoresize=false
    scrollview    (h=panel3.h-panel2.h) expand=false, arrange=none
      drawingArea (h=scrollv.h) expand=false
    ---------
    panel2        (h=102) expand=false, arrange=none, autoresize=false
      gridview1 gridview2  (h=100)
  sidepanel       (h=unk) arrange=fill, auto resize=true
    editor        (h= manual by resize sidepanel.h)

panel2 and both gridviews has fixed height.
When manual sizing the Sidepanel
  to less height does nor resize panel3
  to greater height goes over panel3
When collapse sidepanel
  panel3 is adjusted OK
when expand sidepanel
  it go over panel3

On resize height of the form only the scrollview
with drawingarea should change the height.

For the before and after events as suggest are in general sense
not a bad idea but does not apply always to all controls.
Worse, it can be overdone and the programmer is overwhelmed with
events they do not understand and how to handle them.
In context with all those events you need a flowchar when the events
exact occur and under what conditions.

I have experience with MS Access and they have those list of events.
At first sight it a mess, however some make realy sense and are
missing in gambas.

As the Hide and Show events have the correct height I'm already happy.
Resize with the bar should also trigger a Resize event to
be able to resize other controls aside the sidebar.

Ron