[Gambas-user] KDE & Gambas executable

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed May 3 20:43:12 CEST 2006

-----8<----

> > Ron
> >

> Works as user by copying the 2 files and running kbuildsycoca, but
> couldn't get it to work system-wide (tried that first).
>
> Regards,
> Joe1962

You have to do as root for system wide install.

For SuSE it is _normal_ in /opt/kde/.......
Other distros are unknown to me to be correct where it is.

The difficult part is running kbuildsycoca for it.
Using SuSE it will be done at creating new a user on the box
Result that it is system wide for new users only.
For the old users it must in the users home directory.

I think this is the case why you could not do it.

Ron