[Gambas-user] KDE & Gambas executable part2

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed May 3 20:36:59 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 18:03, Leonardo Miliani wrote:
> ron ha scritto:

> > Take a look in '/home/ron/.kde/share/mimelnk/application'
> > Find the file 'x-gambas2.desktop' with content:
> >
> > [Desktop Entry]
> > Comment=Gambas executable
> > Hidden=false
> > Icon=
> > MimeType=application/x-gambas2
> > Patterns=*.gambas
> > Type=MimeType
> >
> > goto '/home/ron/.kde/share/applnk/.hidden'
> > Find file 'gbr2.desktop' with content:
> >
> > [Desktop Entry]
> > Comment=
> > Comment[en_US]=
> > Exec=gbr2
> > GenericName=
> > GenericName[en_US]=
> > Icon=
> > InitialPreference=2
> > MimeType=application/x-gambas2
> > Name=gbr2
> > Name[en_US]=gbr2
> > Path=
> > StartupNotify=true
> > Terminal=false
> > TerminalOptions=
> > Type=Application
> > X-DCOP-ServiceType=none
> > X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
> > X-KDE-Username=
> >
> > These both files are now new on my box and it works.
> > SuSE 9.2, KDE 3.5.0 (a) SuSE version
> >
> > If you add these as files direct you must run kbuildsycoca !!!
> >
> > Have fun
> >
> > Ron

> I tried your suggestions but I don't get the application running...
> Maybe I didn't undestand all the steps.. Why did you talk about looking
> for /home/ron/.kde/share/mimelnk/application files?

you must create 2 files:

1)
Named as : x-gambas2.desktop
Store in : /home/ron/.kde/share/mimelnk/application

2)
Named as : gbr2.desktop
Store in : /home/ron/.kde/share/applnk/.hidden

'/home' is the place where the users has there login mhome directory
My name is ron and is then '/home/ron'

In that directory there is a '.kde' directory
and that one contains 'share' etc.

/home/ron/.kde/share/mimelnk/application
/home/ron/.kde/share/applnk/.hidden

Replace in the above 2 lines 'ron' with your login/user 'name' :)

/home/ron equals more or less as "c:\Document and Setings\Users\yourname" :)

See message from Jose J. Rodriguez to know it could work.

Ron