[Gambas-user] To store or not to store...

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at ...1367...
Thu Mar 30 19:49:32 CEST 2006

I've an interesting dilema:

In my project I want to be able to mount and unmount file systems, I
also will need to be able to access password protected shares.

MOUNT requires the root password in most cases.  What do you think is
the best idea...

1) ask for passwords once per session, keeping them in memory until the
session ends.

2) store the password in an encrypted file and use them as needed.

3) ask for the password everytime the resource is accessed.

After considering this I could just make an option panel with the above
three selections and let the user choose...

I'm only asking because I know root passwords are a pretty touch subject
given certain security issues.

What's your take on this?

Jeff

--