[Gambas-user] Editor Window

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Mar 24 18:02:46 CET 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 17:33, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, ron wrote:
>
> > Bingo!!!
> >
> > Just as I had in mind. Even you added the line nummers!.
>
> but they are always in multiples of ten.  is this changable to, say
> multiples of one, thus showing the line number of each line.
>
> on the note of line numbers is there a way for the highlight event to know
> what line it is on?
>
> > As I think many times the new users should look more in the
> > examples, I stay beginner, must do it myself too.
>
> The example does not completely describe how to use the control (for
> instance it was not immediately clear the the event is called per line
> then repeatedly as a line is modified) which line you are on as far as I
> can see from fiddling with looking at the dot menus (ie: type Highlight.
> then browse the menu and see what's available) for everything I can
> think of did not give me any answers.
>
> .=================================================.
> |  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |

Wel the highlight is made special for HTML syntax code.

For me the interesting one is the dual editor.

This was the sitution I had in the past on UltraEdit32 and it helps to have
the head with declarations or function you want to use on top and the actual
work area on bottom.
This editor was the reason for my implementation of the 'Search list' and
in 'Project' search currently in Gambas available.

In Gambas you can't open a second view of same class code as reference.
This could prevent the continues scrolling and losing the work position.
Yes bookmark helps but direct view is the best IMO.

I can not find how the 2 editors are connected to the same text data.
Only Editor1 gets a 'download.html' file but visible in both :ask:
Seen in function for VSplit using editor.view but no help local for it.

Special interest how the interaction is bind between 2 editors.
It dos not matter in wich I type, in both the result.

I once put 2 editors in the IDE editor for above purpose but had to use the
editor.change to keep them synchroon.

So question arise, can I place 2 editors the same way in the IDE with VSplit?
The second one as viewer for lookup, copy-2 and past-1 operations.
No direct edit needed but handy.

I wil try next week but do not want distroy the current working of FEditor
for the other parts as i.e. Editor.Analize .Symbols etc.

Ron