[Gambas-user] Questions about Wiki

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Mar 23 21:00:49 CET 2006

On Thu March 23 2006 14:56, GuruLounge - MailLists wrote:
> Okay, I hear this word all over the place in Linux but I've
> never got it fully defined.
>
> What is "Wiki"?

A Wiki is a type of web-based software that lets all the users of
a site edit the pages on that site.  It's like a CMS (Content
Management System) but usually much less.... um... managed.

These properties make it useful for getting a community-based
knowledge repository up and running without a lot of thought or
work, and that's what we did with the original Gambas wiki,
until we outgrew Twiki (the wiki software we were using.)

Benoit's new Gambas documentation wiki is actually closer to a
full CMS in that he seems to have implemented different kinds of
pages, a formalized structure, etc.

Rob