[Gambas-user] Re: Re: Text Search - string/textarea Issue - 1.0.14

ron ronstk at ...239...
Tue Mar 21 00:09:07 CET 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 22:55, A Person wrote:
> Good Day All . . .
>
> Ron - I apologise, your solution worked. In my code I put the <=0 test
> in the wrong place so I assumed that your suggestion was like mine. I
> put the test in the right place and now it is 85% acceptable code.
>
> Thank You again.
>
> Paul

Good :)

It was the 3'rd search operation that did not found anything.
The next start pointer was set with the invalid instr() value as 0 + len(search).
In this case it could be a not UTF-8 case but as mentioned by Benoit the safe
way can be the String class if your language/text contains it.

We are happy now :)

Ron