[Gambas-user] Importing Gambas forms to XML

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Mar 20 17:40:13 CET 2006

On Mon March 20 2006 07:11, Ajish Raju wrote:
> how do we transform the gambas forms to html/css or xml an
> vice versa.Isthis possible

Here is a perl script I'm using to convert a bunch of Gambas
forms to html/css.  It is messy and I think there's some
unnecessary stuff in there that's specific to the project I'm
using it for (e.g. it converts scrollviews to iframes, and there
is some Javascript that won't do you much good.)  But it should
give you some ideas.

Eventually I hope to produce some kind of application framework
written entirely in Gambas that would let you write a Gambas
form that works on the web, using AJAX on the browser side to
pass event notifications back to the Gambas program running on
the server as a cgi and get data to display in the browser.  But
first I need to get this project done ;)

I wouldn't know where to begin as far as converting back from
html/css to Gambas forms.

Rob