[Gambas-user] windows and gambas

samuel.derous at ...27... samuel.derous at ...27...
Sun Mar 19 17:49:31 CET 2006

Op vrijdag 17 maart 2006 19:52, schreef Rob Kudla:
> On Fri March 17 2006 13:05, samuel.derous at ...27... wrote:
> > Misschhien is sharpdevelop dan iets voor je
> > (http://www.sharpdevelop.com/) het is gebaseerd op het .net
> > platform en maakt daar ook gebruik van, maar het programma
> > zelf is open source.
>
> Yeah, SharpDevelop is a nice little IDE if you're stuck on
> Windows.  I'm hoping that it will work with Mono's
> implementation of BASIC eventually, and that it will itself work
> under Mono (when Mono implements more of Windows.Forms, I
> guess.) That would technically fit the bill for a totally open
> source crossplatform BASIC with RAD IDE, as long as the Mono
> project's claims that they're safe from patent claims turn out
> to be true.
>
> But it sounds to me like Microsoft is retreating from .NET a
> little (Vista's desktop will be native code, not .NET code, for
> example) and at any rate, Gambas seems like it's much
> lighter-weight despite all the dependencies.  I also think it's
> more fun and just a better language all around than VB.NET ;)
>
> Sorry if I totally misconstrued what you said... I don't speak
> Dutch, if that's what that was, so I just guessed you were
> saying "There's also SharpDevelop, which is based upon the .NET
> platform, but the program itself is open source."
>
> Rob

Sorry Rob,

And yes you recapitulated it fine, what I said... I was a little confused,
because some of the newsgroups I'm listening in, are Dutch and other on
English, so I just forgot this was a English mailing list.

I like programming under vb.net when I'm on Windows, and I love to create
little things in gambas, but I still know to less from the gambas language to
fully take advantage of, and i'm very lousy in learning from code, so I can't
really learn from the example programs...
I'm certainly looking forward to the first book written for the gambas
language.
So when you know about the date one comes out, let us know ;-)

Samuel