[Gambas-user] sql query year problem

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Mar 6 04:35:28 CET 2006

On Sun March 5 2006 09:14, Rohnny Stormo wrote:
> Looking for a solution to select records from a choosen year.
> Would be perfect if the same sql works for postgres and
> sqlite3 In MsSql it would be done like this.
> SELECT id, dato FROM mytable WHERE year(dato)=2006

Date functions aren't part of the SQL specification, as far as I
know, and Sqlite has a much more minimal syntax than traditional
database servers.  Any way you slice it, you're gonna have to do
something like

SELECT id, dato FROM mytable WHERE strftime('%Y',dato) = '2006'

for Sqlite, while

SELECT id, dato FROM mytable WHERE year(dato)=2006

should work with MySQL.

Rob