[Gambas-user] unknown identifer: Array ??? bug?

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Mar 6 02:25:05 CET 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 00:00, Lorenzo Tejera wrote:
> Perhaps night confuse me, but I probed the gambasdoc example in version
> 1.9.25 and 1.9.26
>
>   PRINT Object.Type(Array(2.4, 3, 3.2))
>
> With this result as
>
> unknown identifer: Array ???
>
> so Array not works in the last version ? is a bug?
>
> I need to sleep more
> lorenzo

You got answer from Benoit:

  Array() was removed in the last development version. Use '[' & ']'.

@Benoit:
The Array() construction is more basic as the java '[' & ']' version.
Now the documentation is, i'm afraid, wrong on many places in the wiki.

-----------------------
>DIM myBla AS String[]
>
> myBla = Array["0", "1", "2", "3"]
>
>with [] not work , gambas 1.9.26 , unknown identifier array
>
>regards
>
>lorenzo

Read carefull after comma ->> _unknown identifier array_
The interpreter does not know array with '(' or '['

----------------------
>Perhaps something like that :-)
>
>PUBLIC SUB Main()
>
>  DIM toto AS String[]
>
>  toto = ["ee", "aa", "bb"]
>
>  PRINT Object.Type(["ee", "aa", "bb"])
>
>END

you have got that message because you answer

> Perhaps night confuse me, but I probed the gambasdoc example in version
> 1.9.25 and 1.9.26
>
>   PRINT Object.Type(Array(2.4, 3, 3.2))
>
> With this result as
>
> unknown identifer: Array ???
>
> so Array not works in the last version ? is a bug?
>
> I need to sleep more
> lorenzo

Why are you using       ->> PRINT Object.Type(Array("ee", "aa", "bb"))
as the example told you ->> PRINT Object.Type(["ee", "aa", "bb"])

and still no light ->> > unknown identifer: Array ???
note: you using the (latest) development version.

Try exact the example from Laurent Carlier, that should work.

Sleep well and tomorrow fresh again :)

Ron