[Gambas-user] Release of gambas 1.9.26

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...512...
Sat Mar 4 16:20:12 CET 2006

Le Samedi 4 Mars 2006 15:39, ron a écrit :

> > That means you must use a recent version of gcc (>= 4.0).
> >
> > If you can't, you must remove this option from the acinclude.m4 file,
> > line 194 & 195.
>
> I have read some comments about 4.0 and up versus suse. :(
> I have with v 8.2 once done a update of the C compiler, it was hard work
> to get the orginal back, downgrade with yast was/is a bad job.
> So I decide to change the acinclude.m4 as told.
> ./reconf did not work out of the box, found the ./reconf-all and after long
> waiting has worked.

It's really better to modify acinclude.m4 instead of trying to update "by
hand" your compiler. Or if you have multiple gcc/g++ installed, you can force
usage of gcc version with CC and CXX variable before usage of ./configure
like :
'CC=gcc-4.0 CXX=g++-4.0 ./configure'
Of course your linux distro can provide some utility like gentoo's gcc-config
utility.

What is the problem with ./reconf ?

> > /usr/share/aclocal/lqt.m4:14: warning: underquoted definition of
> > AC_PATH_LQT run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
> >  or see
> > http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> > /usr/local/share/aclocal/lqt.m4:14: warning: underquoted definition of
> > AC_PATH_LQT

This is only warning, about automake complaining about some deprecated
function/... with your current version of automake/autotools. This problem
doesn't come from acinclude.m4 gambas file, but with m4 macro provide from
"lqt"' lib.

> Any body can check this is correct.
> The only, quick check, link with gambas is the SDL component.

???

> > I will see if I can check the gcc version so that I use this option only
> > if it is supported.
>
> Would be nice, also icm the problems with first release of 4.0
>
> > Regards,
>
> The compile was now without errors (the direct visible ones)
> I restart playing again Sam with 'gambas' after a long timeout :)

Great !

> ---
> Greets Ron

jabber : lordheavy at ...943...