[Gambas-user] Tracking mouse controls

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Fri Mar 3 20:32:03 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Rob Kudla wrote:

> On Fri March 3 2006 11:51, GuruLounge - MailLists wrote:
> > I was wondering if it was possible to track mouse events
> > outside of a form.
>
> Qt makes the global mouse position available as QCursor::pos, but
> Gambas' gb.qt component doesn't expose this functionality.  Qt
> will also let you grab the mouse pointer to trap all its events
> anywhere on the screen, but again, gb.qt doesn't have
> corresponding methods.

Perhaps gambas needs to implmenet a class to represent a shared library
object via a gb.ld.so (or gb.dll in an eventual windows environment)
component that provides access to the unix (or windows) shared library
objects (via dlopen).

This may be a useful addition rather than having to add gb.xxx.yyy.zzz for
every exotic library that one might want to use within a gambas project.

It may also be a way to access obscure library functions not currently
supported by gambas, like the ability in the Qt libs to be able to track
the mouse anywhere on the screen.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |