[Gambas-user] Fwd: [Gambas-devel] New gambas MDI Component.

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Thu Jun 29 10:25:29 CEST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fabien Bodard <sirfabien at ...626...>
Date: 28 juin 2006 00:18
Subject: [Gambas-devel] New gambas MDI Component.
To: gambas-devel at lists.sourceforge.net, Benoit Minisini
<gambas at ...1...>

Hi to all gambasian !

As the benoit new mdi component not really good for me i've begin to do one
myself. It's not perfect and in alfa/beta devel :).

You can try it by :

Decompress the archive in the  GmabasPath/comp directory.
Add the gb.form.mda entry in the 'order' file.
do a make
do  a make install

then you can try it !

If you want to test gambas ide with this new mdi component :

Open the ide source (gambaspath/app/gambas2) ant change in project option the
gb.form.mdi by gb.form.mda.

then run with F5 and see gambas with a windowed style mdi component. The
maximized mode work lique the benoit component. I'm trying to use the better
off the two ideas.

If you are finding any bugs Say me it now !

In this version i've integrated the code that Ron Onstenk have send to me.

(Hey Ron!, i've done some change on your code... special windows like Forms
can't be resized so i deasable the menu tile_window if one of then are this
type and forget the resizing in cascade.)

There is menu to manipulate windows and a taskbar that allow to simply use
windows !

If you have any ideas else tell me !

Another thing is fabulous.... GTK will have a true mdi widget now ;)

Regards,
Fabien Bodard