[Gambas-user] PRB:Connection.Exec()

nigel at ...38... nigel at ...38...
Mon Jun 12 12:41:14 CEST 2006

Ron wrote:

> One thing I want to know. Is the Connection.Exec 100% transparent to the MySQL
> server, without intervention in the SQL line by gambas.

Ron,

It is not 100% transparent because the clause within the Exec is parsed for parameters first.
That parsing relies on finding symbols such as '&' etc. Therefore there could be a danger that
the parse does something unexpected. (Although every effort is made to avoid this :-)

The Debug should always show you exactly what is being passed to the server.

Nigel