[Gambas-user] RES: RES: Comunications

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Sat Jun 10 02:40:35 CEST 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 23:56, Rodrigo Azevedo wrote:

> Fernando / all,
>
> I don't know why, when I try to run "SerialPort Exemple".  It Doesn't
> works, and shows the message:
> 	X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
> 	Major OpCode: 144
> 	Minor OpCode: 3
> 	Resource ID: 0x0
> Failed to open device
> ERROR #2: Cannot load class 'FSerialPort': Unable to load class file
>
> Please, can some one to help-me?
>
> Thanks in advance!!!

Looks to me error with X in first place.

And as result gambas is not able to his/her job

Using google for the X Error gives many times unbuntu as distribution.
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=176851

resolution 'fixed by deleted the /root/config directory.'

Take note for theserial port you need to be root if I'm well.
Or the serialport must be in group users
or the user must be in group root
I haven't figured out that matter yet.

Ron