[Gambas-user] Upgrading from 1.9.20 to 1.9.29 Different IDE

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Fri Jun 9 15:40:50 CEST 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 14:34, Werner wrote:
> The IDE is now all windows within one window. I preferred it the other
> way (having it in seperate windows). Is there a way to configure the
> style you want?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Werner Dahn

Two things.

First your request should be send as a new message and not a
reply to someones other request/answer about total different thing.

Half of the readers will not see it this way. They use treaded view for maillist.

Second

If you have 1.9.29 you have luck
in the /gambas-1.9.29/app/src there is a directory containing gambas2
and gambas2-old.
Rename gambas2-old to gambas2-sdi
Start gambas and select as project gambas2-sdi,
Make executable and copy result to the place your gambas binary code
is installed. Rename gambas2.gambas to gambas2-mdi.gambas
Make here symlink with name 'gambas2.gambas' to 'gambas2-sdi.gambas'
By changing this symlink you easly can switch between them.

Big warning.
This version works but is not 100% be in maintenance last time.
The 1.9.30 is unknown and in 1.9.31 it is left out.
In case of problems use the gambas2-sdi to test your project.
If you do it carefull you can use the .29 SDI-IDE with .31 MDI-IDE but
remember this is not supported.

Benoit does not want maintenance two releases of the developer
version with good reason.
BTW that is where the developer version is for, to try and choose
which one will be productive/favourite by user experience.

But I hope it will be possible once to let the user make a choice.

At my box (SuSE) with 1.9.29 and /opt/gb as the compiled location
Did all as root.

./configure --prefix=/opt/gb
make
make install
rename /opt/gb to /opt/gb29
make symlink in /opt for /opt/gb to /opt/gb29
  with 'ln -s /opt/gb29 /opt/gb'
copy symlink also to /opt/gb29

I did make a copy of the app/gambas2-old to /opt/gb29/gambas-sdi
Started gambas2(-mdi) and made executable of the gambas2-sdi
moved the gambas2-sdi.gambas to /opt/gb29/bin and
renamed the gambas2.gambas to gambas2-mdi.gambas
made symlink gambas2 to gambas2-sdi
dumped /opt/gb29/app/gambas2-sdi

compile the other version .31 if you want the same way but use 31 instead 29
Because 31 does not have the -sdi version use the 29 version.

By copy the  symlink from /opt/gbXX to /opt you can easy change version
by recreate in /opt/gbXX/bin a symlink to -mdi or -sdi you can
easy change the kind of IDE

In case of problems, remember from .27? and up the sdi has no maintenance
Use then always the -mdi first if you have IDE misbehaviour or
project compile problems.
Use the higher version and -mid to be save in any way.

Ron