[Gambas-user] Installing MySQL drivers

James Ankenbrandt jankenbrandt at ...43...
Thu Jun 8 23:03:39 CEST 2006

Thanks I will try this tonight.  After I fix my CD Rom and yast path.

I doubt I have the devel packages

Jim

----- Original Message ----
From: Ron Onstenk <ronstk at ...239...>
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2006 2:38:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Installing MySQL drivers

On Thursday 08 June 2006 17:31, James Ankenbrandt wrote:
> Really interesting software and the Linux Journal intro was very exciting, but...
>
> How/where do I get the latesest libmysqlclient libs for 1.0.16?.  The Linux Journal project pukes on 'cannot load gb.db module'.  I found an older version for my SuSE install but the RPM (.99) wrecked my compiled installation. (Latest stable ver from sourceforge).  I am recompiling and reinstalling so the main program is ok, but there is still the MySQL.
>

> Is there a link or sum thin to get MySQL support?
>
> Have some VB project that would be great for this.
>
> Jim

Wich SuSE do you have?

Normal it should be OK to install the MySQL server and client packages.
For compiling the MySql client part of gambas it should be sufficient to install
the mysql-x.x.xx-devel package.

For SuSE 9.2 the packages I have installed with yast
mysql-4.0.21-4.6

mysql         - A true Multi-User, Multi-Threaded SQL Database Server
mysql-client     - MySQL Client
mysql-devel     - MySQL Development Header Files and Libraries
mysql-shared     - MySQL Shared Libraries

and the last one provides
  mysqllib
  libmysqlclient.so.12
  libmysqlclient_r.so.12

the mysql-devel is the extra you need for compiling gambas