[Gambas-user] program has stopped unexpectedly raising signal #11

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jul 31 12:44:36 CEST 2006

On Monday 31 July 2006 08:22, Ramon Orticio wrote:
> dear friends,
>
> i copied DataReportExample using gambas1.0.16 and disabled the  gb.qt.kde
> and gb.qt.kde.html components and when i ran it the startup  form Fconn
> popped up successfully  without the error signal (program has stopped
> unexpectedly by rasing signal #11). however the entire program will not run
> because of the disabled components.
>
> i also copied the database example which is running well. i included the
> two above-mentioned components using the properties in the menu bar and run
> the same program which then resulted to the error message.
>
> i think there is something wrong with the said components i.e
> gb.qt.kde.html and gb.qt.kde  which possibly might be the cause of the
> error  in installing gambas2-1.9.33 that i already reported earlier.
>
> what possibly would be the remedy for this problem?
>
> i am using redhat 9 distro. i also downloaded and installed
> qt-x11-free-3.3.3.tar.bz2 using the following commands
>
>       $ cd qt
>       $ ./configure -thread --prefix=/home/raport/qt
>       $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/raport/qt/lib
>       $ /usr/bin/gmake
>       $ su
>       $ /usr/bin/gmake -n install
>       $ exit
>

> thanks for your concern.
>
> ramon

On gambas 1.0.16, the program crashes during initialization inside the KDE
library. In gambas 1.9.33, the program does not compile because I used an API
that does not exits in your version of KDE.

Which version of KDE do you use? Maybe you will have to upgrade there too!

Benoit Minisini