[Gambas-user] new icons

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jul 28 02:18:36 CEST 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 01:58, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Hi, all. Hi, Benoit.
>
> Gambas2 comes with new icons from KDE Crystal icon theme.
>
> The Crystal theme icon is from Everaldo.com, isn't it?
>
> >From http://www.everaldo.com/legal.html :
>
> "No icon image or any other graphics found in this site may be use under
> any circumstance, in any situation nor in any media without prior consent
> of the author via email."
>
> I'm not a lawyer and I'm asking if we can use those crystal icons in our
> project without the permission od Everaldo Coelho.
>
> Benoit, did you ask some permission to use the crystal icon set?
>
> Please, could you clear it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefano Palmeri

Oops. No, I didn't know that.

The problem is that at the moment these icons are inside the project, so OK,
that is bad.

But this is temporary: after, they will be taken directly from the KDE
directories (or GNOME directory, depending on which desktop environment is
detected).

So what will be the situation? When you make a KDE application with the KDE
libraries, you will get automatically these icons. Do you have to ask each
time?

Benoit Minisini