[Gambas-user] About #6 term signal , object deletion and memory leaks

Antonio Jesús Dávila tndavila at ...626...
Wed Jul 26 17:37:10 CEST 2006

Hello Gambas user !!

I am new in gambas, and i have some problems , i love it more than vb
because, gambas don't have these strange manner of do some things that
vb have.

 mi problem is sometimes, in arbitrary point of the app i receive an
error (the program was halted sending signal #6 ) and my app end

some times gambas output(console from gambas was launched)  shows

 *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x082dcd40 ***

 my gambas console outputs shows :

 WARNING: circular references detected
 FIntro (1)
 CWarehouse (1)
 CCore (1)
 FXmlForm (1)
 CMSystem (1)
 CFormItemBackground (1)
 CFormItemButton (1)
 CFormItemLabel (1)
 CFormItemPicture (2)
 Mutex destroy failure: Dispositivo ó recurso ocupado(device o resource
busy)
 WARNING: 86 allocation(s) non freed.

Some questions i have , that faq's and help don't answer:

is enought to delete an object doing obj = null ?  if the object has two
vars pointing at him ? is in gambas some garbage collector like java ?

can the circular references be my problem ?

i search info about signal term #6 but only description is "abort",
which error force gambas to raise #6 term signal error ?

there are a function to validate a pointer is valid ?

i try to use _free() but it likes never be called by the system i am
doing something  wrong ?

thanks a lot.