[Gambas-user] VB6 to Gambas Global arrays

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Mon Jul 17 11:10:43 CEST 2006

On Monday 17 July 2006 10:50, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> The interpreter is named 'gbx' or 'gbx2'.
Sorry  for the mistake gbi versus gbx

> There is no difference between a 'compiled' gambas project and a not 'compiled' one,
Why should we then do 'Compile all' and 'make executable'?
In your overview how gambas is working you tell us also it is compiled.

> except that the compiled version is just an archive of all project files except the source code.

But the project files are the source code (from user view point)?

I know there is a .gambas directory in the project directory.
Files in there look to me the binary files and those are the ones in the archive.
Are they not the converted/compiled from human readable text to bytecode?

I do understand that for gambas 'compile' does not mean make real
direct CPU executable code as compiling C code or assembly but
that it means 'the middle code' between 'human text' and 'CPU code'.

greets from sunny holland :)

Ron