[Gambas-user] Problem with Postgresql

rolf rolf.frogs at ...221...
Sun Jul 9 19:58:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

I need to add a column to a postgres table (which name starts with an
underscore) and and have to modify a few constraints. With this actions the
following problems araise:
- Postgresql 8.1 always crashes when a "serial" datatyp is requested. The log
  file says something like "bad UTF-8" code. The server crashes with a message
  like "ERROR-STACK EXCEED"

- CODE:
  query1 = "alter table _" & TextBox.Text & " add column id serial not null"
  res1 = hDB.Exec(query1)

- The same happens, if a primary key should be set with a code like:
    query1 = "ALTER TABLE ONLY _" & TextBox.Text &
                     " ADD CONSTRAINT X" & TextBox.Text &
                     "_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)"
   res1 = hDB.Exec(query1)

Of couse I checked the output of the "direct window" with the
setting:  "DB.Debug = true"

A copy of the output line into the psql-Client works without any problem!

At least I don't know, if it is a gambas or a postgresql problem.

Many thanks.
Rolf