[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 roadmap

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Jul 3 17:05:03 CEST 2006

On Mon July 3 2006 07:25, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> The "import vb" project feature made by Rob Kudla should be
> replaced by an external tool I think. The IDE should be able
> just to import a vb form, but that's all. What do you think
> Rob? Do you use it again? Do you plan to update it?

Well, seeing as how it was originally an external tool and you
had me integrate it into the IDE, splitting it back out
shouldn't be too big of a problem ;)  And naturally I'll update
it so that it works with Gambas 2.  I can't give a time frame
right now because I'm overbooked till the end of September.

> I think the more important after all these tasks is the 64
> bits port. This will need to break a lot of things, so I
> prefer to make the 2.0 before.

I really look forward to this, as the lack of Gambas is one of my
biggest pet-peeves about amd64 Linux!

> I can't estimate the date of the release at the moment, as I
> don't know how my life will be since September. I hope to be
> paid for working on Gambas next year, and so some tasks may
> become more important than others. I will tell more soon.

This would be wonderful, and I hope it happens too.

Rob