[Gambas-user] MySQL version

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jan 30 12:25:52 CET 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 18:58, Marcelo Confortino wrote:
> Hi. I was using Gambas 1.0.13 on Mepis 3.3, installed from a Debian pkg.
> I used MySQL 4.1 and all worked fine. Now I installed MySQL 5, and my
> applications say:
>
> "Cannot open database: Client does not support authentication protocol
> requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"
>
> Is there a way to change the client that Gambas uses, without
> recompiling the whole thing? I don't have all the headers required for a
> source installation.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marcelo Confortino

I recompiled the development version of mysql driver against client library
version 5, and everything seems correct. I mean, I can access my MySQL 4
databases without any problem. As I don't have MySQL 5 databases under the
hood, I will suppose it is good for it too :-)

So the next stable and development version will be compiled against MySQL 5
client libraries.

Benoit Minisini