[Gambas-user] gambas for embedded system

Matthias Laur matthias-laur at ...978...
Mon Jan 30 09:01:37 CET 2006

Hi all,

gambas is my favorite programming language for linux;-)

I would like to try gambas for my new project with an embedded system on a
Votex86 with 166MHZ. The system will runs from a CF - card. The Linux should
be Debian Sarge. I only need the gambas-runtime and the sqlite-bindings.

The program should watching the serial port for events and interacting with
a sqlite database. The system should have a webinterface. Maybe I use gambas
for the cgi-scripts too. It would be easier then programming all the stuff
in C.

Has somebody try to use gambas on small hardware? Should there be problems?

Another question is, how can I compile only the gambas runtime with net and
sqlite bindings from the source? There will be no X on the system.

Regards,

Matthias