[Gambas-user] Re: [Gambas-devel] Vector Graphics (needs more versatility!!!)

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Jan 30 01:27:00 CET 2006

On Sun January 29 2006 18:03, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
>  I have not really been all that impressed with SDL becuase
> it's lack of functionality and the resulting dependance on
> libraries (many which break platform independance) is
> counterproductive to the eventual performance obtained.

It seems to me that Vidix might also be a poor choice, then,
since it's not commonly packaged for mainstream distributions,
not available at all for OSX or Windows, and hasn't even hit 1.0
yet.  And I'm not at all sure how libmpeg would fit into a
vector animation concept.

With your focus on vectorized graphics, you might just want to go
straight for OpenGL.  Gambas even has early support for that
already in recent development versions.  Again, though, it's not
documented yet.

Rob