[Gambas-user] GTK and printing to printer

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Sun Jan 29 09:42:09 CET 2006

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Rob Kudla wrote:

> On Sun January 29 2006 00:48, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> > > Not yet, I've not implemented the printer class. In fact
> > > I'll need a separate component as printers are part of the
> > > Gnome libraries, not the GTK libraries.
> > What about using something like CUPS (Common Unix Printing
> > System)?
>
> GNOME or Qt printing support is to CUPS as Gtk or Qt is to X.
> They have different purposes, and in the case of high-level
> application development, both are necessary.
>
> I thought gimp-print was part of Gtk now, though.

If that is true then it should be possible to make a component that uses
CUPS directly to implement a printing class independant of Qt and Gtk.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| brian _AT_ brians-anime _DOT_ com
| brian _AT_ animemayhem _DOT_ com
| brian _AT_ nall.brians-anime _DOT_ com
| brian _AT_ ruby.brians-anime _DOT_ com
| gau_veldt _AT_ hotmail _DOT_ com
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...