[Gambas-user] What do I need to distribute with a gambas application?

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Jan 28 18:34:21 CET 2006

On Sat January 28 2006 10:50, Andrea Grandi wrote:
> When I create an application with Gambas, then I want to
> distribute it, what packages do I have to distribute with the
> application?

End users need the Gambas interpreter plus all the components
your Gambas program uses.  On Mandriva (using my packages...
dunno about Mandriva's own) they'd need the gambas-runtime
package, plus at least gambas-gb-qt if they're graphical apps,
etc.

> I tried using Create Installation Package but at the end it
> gives me an error that says "Cannot create package".

The "Create Installation Package" stuff doesn't work under the
1.9 series.  I should probably tweak it and post a patch, though
I can only do the RPM side of it (and I think making an RPM and
using alien on it is the wrong approach for .deb packages
anyway.)

Rob