[Gambas-user] Trouble connecting to postgres 8.0

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Fri Jan 27 18:01:21 CET 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 00:41, johnf wrote:
> Hi,
> Just wondering if anyone is using postgres 8.0 with 1.9.23.  I'm having
> trouble connecting.  I'm able to connect with other versions but can't for
> some reason connect to version 8.0.  I don't think it has anything to do
> with permissions because I can connect using psql as the same user.  I only
> have the issue with gambas as far as I can tell.
>
> John
I have mis spoke.  Gambas is connecting.  The issue is it loses the
connection.  I traced this down and discovered I could make an exec call on
the connection several times in a row and then suddenly lose the connection.
I'm guessing there is some sort of trouble with postgres and NOT gambas.
I'll re-install sometime today.  The funny thing is pgadminIII does not lose
the connection or so I think.

John